If being in lockdown has taught us anything, it is that we have become resilient when we need to ‘make a plan.’ Suddenly, everything has another use, and we find ourselves being amazed that our seemingly normal appliances are actually the Transformers of household machines.
Want to prove dough? Simply put your tumble dryer on for a few minutes, heat it up, and once it has stopped put your bowl with the dough in it to keep it warm. This is the perfect environment for dough to prove. Tired of washing dishes, and then finding that cleaning the sponge is even more difficult? Clean and disinfect it in the microwave. Simply put the damp sponge in the microwave for a minute or two and radiate the germs away.
“It is no surprise that while in lockdown we are experimenting with our appliances more than usual, but the truth is that we have the time to do so,” says Jaco Joubert SKYWORTH brand manager. “The same goes for your smart TV. No longer is it just for watching television, it has now become a part of your work life, your child’s education and even your exercise buddy.”
If you are in lockdown alone or with family, your smart TV can become a companion in your home. Many people purchase smart TVs in order to watch Netflix and Showmax but do not use it to its full potential. Download Apps, watch YouTube, search the Internet, and even mirror your phone or tablet to appear on your screen – perfect for Zoom meetings.
During this time, keeping busy and being entertained does get a little harder as the days go on, but with a smart TV at home, there are more options than before. SKYWORTH’s S9 OLED TV is the perfect lockdown companion and can download apps, search the Internet, and cast from your other devices. “This AI TV range supports both Google Assistant and other smart home devices such as Amazon Alexa, turning your TV into your home’s control centre. It can also be controlled solely by the user’s voice,” describes Joubert.
He continues to explain that smart TVs are so much more than just conventional TVs, and offers some interesting ways on how to make use of your smart TV during lockdown:
- Make your smart TV your exercise companion. Launch YouTube on your TV and search for exercise videos or download exercise apps to follow along in the comfort of your home. Instead of struggling to see on your phone how an exercise activity is done correctly, now it can feel as though you are in the exercise class.
- If you can see your TV from the kitchen, why not try out some of those more difficult recipes you have seen on TV that you have been dying to accomplish? Or, why not ‘join’ your favourite cooking competition show and try to beat out the other contestants?
- While having a Zoom meeting or Face Timing your family and friends, cast your computer, phone, or tablet to your TV, and it will feel like they are in the room with you. Place your camera device in front of the TV so that you can face everyone.
- Download apps that you use and would like to see on a bigger screen. With lockdown occurring in most countries around the world, many social media influencers are giving free classes, and this is a great way to see everything on a bigger screen.
- Search the Internet and visit countries. Many museums are doing virtual tours during this time and experiencing them on a bigger screen is much more lifelike. Google Earth is also a great way to see the outside world on your TV.
SKYWORTH was established in 1988, with the head office located within Shenzhen High Tech Industrial Park which is honoured as “China’s Silicon Valley” and has more than 40,000 employees. SKYWORTH is a large-scale high-tech corporation mainly engaged in the development and manufacturing of consumer electronics, display devices, digital set-top boxes, security monitors, network communication, semi-conductors, refrigerators, washing machines, cell phones and LED lighting etc. In 2000 SKYWORTH was listed on the main board of HK Stock Exchange (HK0751). After a development of more than 28 years, SKYWORTH has grown to be one of the Top Five Colour TV brands in the world and a top brand in the Chinese display industry market.