While you’re stuck in lockdown you might as well hop on this trend and bake yourself some delish banana bread.
The beauty of this recipe is you don’t need a mixer + you can use the same batter to make banana muffins. For a twist, you can also add a cup of raisins, chocolate chips or chopped nuts if you like.
- 2 to 3 ripe bananas – the riper the better
- 1/3 cup melted butter (unsalted or salted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (vanilla essence will work)
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 175°C and butter or spray and bake your loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork then stir in the melted butter.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes 175°C, or until your tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely then slice and serve.